A pinpointer metal detector is one of the greatest tools any treasure hunter can have in their arsenal. Nothing makes finding the exact spot your treasure is buried at quicker after it is picked up by your metal detector.
The pinpointer metal detector is inserted in the hole dug after the big metal detector does its job and narrows down and targets the precise point where the treasure is. This is where why a pinpointer is an invaluable accessory in any treasure hunters kit and will drastically cut the length of search time needed to get your treasures out of the ground.
New metal detector units often come along with these hand-held pinpointers included to ensure they are always available in the event a target becomes too hard to find….
Some Pinpointers Are Built-in Into Metal Detectors
Other pinpointer metal detector devices are built into standard metal detector units. This is an added function on some of the latest ones. With just one button push, the metal detector will switch to the included ‘pinpointer mode’, making it ready right away. Working just like a hand-held pinpointer, it will start becoming very sensitive to the locations of metal while emitting a constant tone. It will become louder the more the detector’s search coil pans over a target.
Finding coins is made faster with a pinpointer! Any coin buried 6” deep will be found in seconds. Thanks to it, you will know that digging only needs to be done on the right side of the hole, not the left (or vice versa). The best pinpointer for metal detecting and getting out coins can cost up to $100.
A Pinpointer Is More Targeted, Faster To Use
Unlike most metal detecting probes on the market, a pinpointer metal detector tends to be far better in rocky or heavily rooted areas. Many times objects are found deeper than the length of a standard probe, making it useless. In this case, an inexpensive pinpointer valued around $50 would do great!
So to put it simply, each pinpointer works wonders in minimizing efforts to cut time required on digging as well as frustration.
1). Garrett Pro-Pointer Metal Detector Includes Woven Belt Holster and 9 Volt Battery
Combining a sleek design with overall performance, the Garrett Pro-PinPointer Metal Detector will work to help you in finding those challenging targets.
This Pro-PinPointer metal detector also comes with automatic tuning and is water resistant. It meets 66 standards of the IEC 60529 IP for water and dust protection. Furthermore, the Garrett Pro-Pointer comes complete with a 2-year warranty.
Matched with a woven belt holster, buyers guide and manual, the Garrett Pro-Pointer Metal Detector will never leave you disappointed on a dig.
Benefits Of The Garrett Pro- PinPointer Metal Detector:
- 9″ Long with audible and vibrating alarms
- Tuning: Automatic Pinpointing Tip
- 360° Detection area and side scanning capability with LED light
- Accurately pinpoints the smallest items even in tough areas such as highly mineralized ground or salt water saturated sand
- Static mode: works as an excellent utility locator to find pipes in walls or nails through drywalling
- Alarm increases in intensity based on target’s proximity
- Water resistant
Find Your Treasure Faster With A Garret Pinpointer
Digging holes for days in grounds with rocks and roots will make anyone lose patience quickly. Even with most modern metal detectors employing a pinpointing function struggle to find precise points in these areas. The indication of a coin buried 4” deep is often confused with a larger metallic item buried another 4” deeper! This is when a handheld pinpointer metal detector like the Garrett Pro-Pointer Metal Detector comes into play. Small targets will sound off at 3” while larger ones have been reported to alert at 5-6”.
Many people are a fan of the Garrett’s robust design as well as how it doesn’t require connection to a metal detector and work like an inline pinpointer. The water resistant qualities further make it alluring to treasure hunters around the world.
The construction quality is immediately felt upon handling the Garrett. You will have peace of mind that the screw-on door for the battery compartment is secure and won’t break.
2) PinPointer By Bounty Hunter
Good news, the simply named Pinpointer by Bounty Hunter finds gold! Running on 9-volt batteries, this pinpointer is also great at reclaiming nails from wood.
As this particular model has high reviews on Amazon, many people choose this pinpointer metal detector over others on the market for its small design and ease of use. Upkeep of the device is great since the Pinpointer can be easily cleaned under water thanks to its waterproof technology.
The pinpointer is also very durable. It can be dropped from waist level and survives most falls, depending on the surface it lands on.
Features Of The Pinpointer:
- 9″ in length
- 360° detection area, tip pinpointing and nearly twice the depth detection.
- Accurately pinpoints smallest items, even in tough areas such as highly mineralized ground or salt water-saturated sand.
- Alarm increases in intensity based on target’s proximity. Audible and vibrating alarms pinpoint coins, jewelry, gold, treasure and relics
- SIFTING BLADE scrapes through soil during target recovery
- Water resistant
- Microprocessor circuitry ensures maximum sensitivity with no tuning necessary
Shave off hours of digging time and pick up a Pinpointer Metal Detector for a dead-on accurate reading of buried coins. Perfect for when you’re in the dark, searching a 4” hole with the Bounty Hunter which can be relied on to show you where nickels, dimes and other old coins are buried.
3). Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (1140900)
This is one of the best rated hand held pinpointers out there. Bright orange, short and perfectly paired with any full sized underwater metal detector, the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (1140900) will zero in on targets FAST!
The Garrett Pro-Pointer AT has 3 sensitivity settings to alert the user about targets through vibrations, pulses and bright lighting. The design is uniquely sealed to be fully waterproof up to depths of 10ft.
It contains a self-calibrating microprocessor circuitry control that doesn’t call for any adjusting. Fast Retune technology works to make hunting in any environment an easy task. Surfaces from grass to dirt, mud sand and water will pose no threat to the abilities of the Pro-Pointer.
Features of the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (1140900):
- 9 Inches long and bright orange for 100% visibility and fully waterproof – Submersible up to 10 feet (3 meters)
- Fast Retune function
- 3 Sensitivity settings for maximum sensitivity in finding buried treasure fast
- Allows hunting in any environment including grass, mud, dirt, sand, black sand, and fresh or salt water.
- Compact metal detector suitable for diving, snorkeling, or searching small areas
- Ruler in inches and centimeters on the side for gauging depth
- Includes lost Pro-Pointer Alarm in case you misplace the pinpointer
What Is Fast Retune?
It will help you to work out the distance to the target as well as gauging the size of the target…It can also be set to pinpoint a variety of targets instead of one large target signal.
For use in snorkeling, diving or just looking around small areas; this handy little device will not disappoint. This pinpointer metal detector will detect the smallest of objects at depths of up to 10”. Perfectly sized and user friendly, the Pro-Pointer will find anything from coins to gold chains, rings, bracelets and bullets.
The Garrett Pro-Pointer AT is a valuable unit for use in snorkeling since users have reported findings objects as deep as 6”.
4). Garrett Pro-Pointer, Edge Digger with Sheath and Camo Finds Pouch Combo
With 1-touch ease of use and unique features like audio-vibration pulse technology, the Garrett Pro-Pointer is the best pinpointer metal detector to detect those hard to find targets.
The unit can be easily rinsed underwater for a quick clean and comes with double the battery life of most other pinpointers on the market around the same price range.
Retuning can be performed with just one touch of a button to save time not sorting through different sensitivity settings. The shrink detection settings on the Garrett make it easy to tune out ground with high mineral content.
Features of the Garrett Pro-Pointer Combo Deal:
- Patented audio/vibration pulse rapidly indicates target
- Exclusive one-button re-tune provides fast adjustment
- Double the battery life of other pinpointers
- Can be washed clean under water
- 12″ Long strong carbon steel blade with cutting edge teeth
- Shrink detection field to precisely pinpoint large targets and identify edges of large targets
- Can be rinsed clean under water
- Long battery life with 9 V battery included
- Camo Digger’s Pouch: 10″ deep zippered treasure bag with interior zippered treasure pocket to separate treasure from trash
What’s The Depth And Distance Of Target?
The Garrett Pro-PinPointer Metal Detector also helps gauge a target’s size and distance to an accurate degree. Edges of large targets also show up well on the pinpointer’s readout. It is also capable of pinpointing multiple targets as well as one single large one.
What Accessories Are Included In This Combo?
The included belt is ideal for water hunts and can fit any waist size up to 48”.
The digging blade measures 12” long and is made from strong carbon steel with teeth that are cutting edge. You will have no problems in digging away the ground or other materials around the treasure site…as well as for other uses around the camp site
A non-slip blade guard comes complete with a rubber handle for added comfort and the Garrett sheath is well suited to be mounted on the belt.
5). White’s Bullseye II Pin-Pointer – 812-0002
The Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer metal detector is a uniquely sealed design to make it the best pinpointer for metal detecting in different environments.93% of customers have left 4 star and above feedback on Amazon.
Features of the White’s Bullseye II Pin-Pointer:
- No tuning required, this is a completely automatic unit
- Alerts you of target via audio (beep) mode or vibration mode
- Strong LED light lights up a large area to locate treasure easily
- Battery lasts for up to 20 hours
- Pinpointer uses 36 kHz operating frequency so it won’t affect with any other nearby metal detector
6). Deteknix Pin-Pointer Metal Detector
This fantastic Deteknix Pin-pointer Metal Detector Xpointer with Ratio Audio/Vibration Indication is a unique design loaded with features buyers will appreciate. Anything to help narrowing down that find more quickly and easily helps!
This particular pinpointer allows you to program 1 to 4 levels of sensitivity depending on the ground area you are working in. You also have a choice of 3 alarms: audio mode / audio+vibration mode and vibration mode and the frequency of the alarm will alert to the distance of the target.
Features of the Deteknix Pin-pointer Metal Detector:
- 9 Inches long
- Very high sensitivity
- 3 Alarm modes: audio, audio and vibration and vibration- alarm frequency changes with distance to target
- 1-4 Levels of sensitivity
- LED light for low light conditions
- Stable detection performance
- Battery alert when running low
- Lost mode will beep to alert you to pinpointers location
- Dust proof and water resistant
The Deteknix Pin-pointer has a very solid build which lets you dig without fear of damage. The quietness of this pinpointer metal detector is something treasure hunters should not overlook. Many customers commented they felt it was as good as Garret pinpointer interestingly. The 1- 4 levels of sensitivity allows you to really hone in the ground you are searching in and it does a good job of ignoring non ferrous materials.
7). Makro Waterproof Metal Detector, Led Light & Extra’s
If you’re any novice or experienced hunter just starting out to metal detecting, a pinpointer is an invaluable part of your kit. This Makro Pointer Waterproof Metal Detector with Led Light and Extra’s by Makro will leave you with feelings of delight from a purchase decision well made and it really is a case of where do we start with all the incorporated features….
This pinpointer metal detector is lightweight with loads of features and very easy to use. The pinpointer requires a single 9-volt battery and offers easy to adjust sensitivity with a choice of treasure alerts, plus you can use it anywhere from land to water…
Features Of The Makro Pointer Waterproof Metal Detector:
- Precision pinpointing on all terrains and 100% professional waterproof design and make to 3 feet – meets the IP67 waterproof standard
- 360 Degrees of fast detection- Use horizontally to scan a larger area
- 3 Differing alert options: audio, vibration and audio / vibration
- + and – buttons offer easy sensitivity adjustments
- Use side by side with metal detectors to pinpoint exact locations of underground item
- Powerful LED flashlight when using in low light conditions
- Includes 2 hard shell cases depending on the hardness of the ground you are digging in
- Needs one 9V battery
The benefits of owning an all terrain pinpointer are obvious: you can detect absolutely anywhere with a good ruggedly built pointer such as the Makro.
The degree of sensitivity in a pinpointer metal detector is crucial. It can make a difference between finding treasure easy, or a hair tearing and frustrating experience! The Makro allows you to adjust the setting to you be very sensitive to alert from distance of 4-5 feet away or you can adjust it to be in very close proximity to the object before it will alert you
The benefits of having an LED flashlight in lowlight situations means that you can work in underground areas, or, when the light is fading in the evenings to locate your find. And this is where Makro have included a feature which I haven’t seen in other brands.
8). Garrett PRO-Pointer Metal Detector and Edge Digger Combo
Using audio with a vibration pulse to signal targets, the Garrett Pro-PinPointer Metal Detector will take all the fuss out of pinpointing those hard to find treasures with this trusted and well known brand. Highly mineralized grounds as well as wet beach sand can be tuned out to make for an easy quick dig.
Furthermore, the Garrett can pinpoint several small targets aside from just one large treasure signal.
This pinpointer metal detector combo comes free with a 7.5” blade for digging, a total 12” in length. The blade’s cutting-edge teeth and solid carbon steel design will leave you satisfied after use on every find. The included belt holster allows for a rapid use and convenient storage of your gear.
Features Of The Garrett PRO-Pointer Metal Detector Combo:
- Patented proportional audio/vibration pulse indicates targets quickly
- Garrett PRO-Pointer Metal Detector and Edge Digger Combo can be rinsed/cleaned under water
- Twice the battery life of other pinpointers
- Pinpoint tip detection -360° side scan detection area
- LED light for low light uses
- Automatic tuning -Large power button is easy to operate even with gloves
- Tune out mineralized ground, wet beach sand, etc.
- Pinpoint multiple targets versus one large target signal
- 7.5″ digging blade; 12″ total length
- Strong carbon steel blade with cutting edge teeth.
- Include 9 V battery
- Woven belt holster included GarrettTM Edge Digger
- Includes Garrett carry sheath for belt mount use
If you looking for a pinpointer and edge digger combo, this is a great combo to purchase. Garret have included their patented proportional audio and vibration pulse which quickly indicates targets, plus retuning allows the user to quickly shrink the detection field to instantly pinpoint larger targets.
360 degree allows you to side scan any detection area with a pinpoint tip and if you encounter low light, the LED light helps you to see the target.
The Garrett edge digger is designed from strong carbon steel with a 7.5 inch digging blade. The digging blade features cutting-edge teeth which will cut through pretty much anything, and when not in use, it can be stored in the non-slip blade guard.
The woven belts holster can store both the pinpoint and the edge digger.
9). FTPPINP – Pinpointer
If you’re any novice just starting out to metal detecting, then this Pinpointer Metal Detector by Bounty Hunter will leave you with feelings of delight from a purchase decision well made. It is very reasonably priced
This pinpointer metal detector is lightweight and very easy to use. The pinpointer requires a single 9-volt battery and should have sensitivity adjusted to the point where it begins to stop humming and vibrating.
Features Of The Pinpointer Metal Detector:
- Precision pinpointing
- Use side by side with metal detectors to pinpoint exact locations of underground item
- Pinpoints with probe tip within 1.5 inches
- Static operation no motion required
- Needs one 9V battery
By testing this device on rings, coins or belt buckle it will activate at only ½”. Larger objects will cause it to start activating at ¾”. The sound is just the right pitch to not cause irritation to the user or others nearby. A note here- it is not designed for digging.
10). Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Treasure has finally released the Vibra-Probe 580!
This fantastic pinpointer, the Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer, is waterproofed with a unique seal design that makes it suitable for use in either rain or mud. Additionally, the 580 can be selected for underwater hunts that can survive depths up to 100ft.
The automatic tuning feature included allows for no required adjusting thanks to its state-of-the-art microprocessor control design. Simply tilt the pinpointer to turn it on without the need for any push button switches and you’re ready to hunt. The Vibra-Probe will automatically shut down in 1 minute from last detection.
Features of the Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer Metal Detector:
- Waterproof – Unique sealed design means the Vibra-Probe to be used in the rain, mud, or under water to a depth of 100 feet.
- Automatic tuning – State of the art microprocessor controlled design means no adjustments of any kind is needed.
- Tilt On and Off – No push button switches. The Vibra-Probe 580 turns on and off when pointed upward or will automatically turn itself off one minute after the last detection.
- Pulse Induction (PI) – This technology allows hunting at the beach in salt water or in any type of soil, including black sand.
- Detection depth stability – New advanced circuitry maintains the unit’s detection distance throughout the life of the battery.
This pinpointer metal detector works on Pulse Induction Technology making it a great choice for hunts in a wide range of any soil types (including black sand) along with saltwater expeditions. The advanced circuitry on the 580 guarentees it keeps its detection distance for the entire life of the battery. A nice feature of this unit: it auto turns off after 1 minute of not being in use for battery longevity.
The Vibra-Probe 580 has a very solid build which lets you dig without fear of damage. The quietness of this pinpointer metal detector is something treasure hunters should keep in mind so as to not disturb other treasure hunters who may be close by.
Underwater audio pointers don’t serve as the best devices since your entire person is underwater and you quite simply cannot hear them,at least I can’t anyway!
Because of this, a pinpointer metal detector with a strong vibration function like the Vibra-Probe 580 makes audio pinpointers obsolete for underwater use.
Our Closing Thoughts On The Best Pinpointer Metal Detector…
Treasure hunting with a pinpointer metal detector helps to target in on your find without having to dig a massive crater. They can also be called a probe. Pinpointers are handy tools which can be strapped onto your belt and used with ease to go metal detecting and save time. Whether you are a beginner or someone who has spent many hours metal detecting, a pinpointer metal detector is a valuable tool to help you on your way. By reading our reviews of the best pinpointers, you can make an informed decision as to which pinpoint will best suit your needs.
Click Here To find out which metal detector is the best one for you
If you are after a beginners metal detecting kit, read our reviews on which is the best beginners metal detecting Kit.