Choosing the best metal detector kit is a great option if you want to be an aspiring long-term treasure hunter!
A good beginners metal detector kit will normally contain headphones, a carry bag, one digging trowel and a finds pouch. To hear the oldest targets buried at the deepest levels, every treasure hunter should wear headphones specialized for metal detection.
One highly recommended pair is the Bounty Hunter HEAD-PL Metal Detector Headphones. These headphones are lightweight with dual volume controls, reinforced connectors along with a stereo/mono toggle switch, you will hear and distinguish between the different sounding metals on your hunt.
The latest pair of Bounty Hunter HEAD-PL headphones comes with soft leather ear pieces, an 8 foot long cable ear pad design plus 1/3″ mini plug along with a 1/4″ adapter.
A carry bag is a good idea to help protect your metal detector, while also making it easier to transport.
A popular choice in metal detector carry bags is the Bounter Hunter CBAG-W Bounty Carry Bag. Made from tough Cordura Nylon and reinforced stitching, this bag keeps your invetsment safe from damage. Simple to carry by the nylon handles, it was designed to provide added width at the front of the bag for detectors using larger search coils.
The reinforced stress points and rust-protected zipper make it durable along with a shoulder strap for maximum comfort.
In case you’re not an avid gardener, a trowel such as theFiskars Big Grip Trowel is a tough reliable trowel and will do the trick when digging up your finds.
Another nice trowel is the 6 1/2″ long Hori Hori Knife which comes with a leather sheath and it is actually an all purpose knife. You can dig, weed, cut and saw, all invaluable features out in the field. One side of this knife is serrated.
The handle is Rosewood and the stainless steel blade extends to the edges of the handle for trength. It”s a slim line tool designed to save space. A lot of aluminum garden trowels can snap under pressure!
Another useful accessory is a good sand scoop to sift through sand and dirt. Here’s a few sand scoops we like to use which work well.
Any good beginner metal detector kit should have these essential accessories to make your treasure hunts fun and enjoyable.
RM RICOMAX Waterproof Metal Detector -Disc & Tone & P/P Modes, View Meter, Headphones Jack
4.6 / 5 Stars
1).Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil and Headphone Plus Accessories Kit
With Enhanced Iron Resolution, the Garrett’s Ace 400 Metal Detector lets you control iron discrimination levels to a more targeted degree. Doing this will clearly distinguish items worth keeping from undesirable rubbish. The new Double-D search coil allows for detection at larger depths and better performance when looking around in highly mineral-populated sites. It also provides excellent coverage over any area.
The Ace 400 is one of the best metal detectors because it also comes with a higher frequency as well as a better ability to find targets at low points. It will also pick up mid-conductivity items like jewelery and gold nuggets. The included ClearSound Headphones come with volume control. This metal detector also has the ability to modify discrimination patterns using 5 selectable search modes and a continuous coin depth indicator is used to measure a target’s depth.
Garrett Ace 400 Treasure Hunter Pack:
- Finds treasure quickly with Higher Frequency for improved ability for detecting low / midconductivity gold nuggets, jewelry, lead relics
- Waterproof powerful and advanced 8.5″ x 11″ Double-D searchcoil for improved detection depth and performance in mineralized grounds and increased scanning ability and coverage
- Included are Volume Control Headphones and a Garrett Pinpointer
- Enhanced Iron ResolutionTM: controls iron discrimination levels
- Volume Control Headphones: precisely locates and targets treasure find for speed of recovery
- 5 Search Modes: allows you to select pre-set discrimination or create your own
- Coin Depth Indicator for determining target depth
- Includes educational DVD on how to use the Ace 350
The Ace 400 Powerful new Double-D Searchcoil Is Laser Like
Any good beginner metal detector like this should be fully capable of detecting gold, silver and metals such as copper, zinc and brass. Aluminum cans also show up on the unit along with other die cast metals.
The 400’s metre will fully assist you in determining the most likely metal to exist in the ground. This is a good thing to be aware of before digging starts. Furthermore, a 2-year warranty is packed in with the Ace 400 to cover any damaged parts and labor repair costs.
What Other Accessories Are Included?
So, with the Ace 400 Treasure Hunter Package, you will quite possibly be find yourself scouring around the yard picking up all the leftover relics and coins from years ago!
2). SAKOBS Metal Detector Kit – High Accuracy Metal Detector with Discrimination Mode & Distinctive Audio Prompt and LCD Display Waterproof Search Coil f
The SAKOBS High Accuracy Detector is a affordable choice for adults and kids as this kit is priced under the $100 mark.
Adjustable Stem Length
The Sakobs Detector is the adjustable, making it perfect for the the entire family to use and practice with. The stem ranges from 41.3 inch to 47.6 inches so even the much younger kids can have a go and get a taste for finding coins, jewelry and bits and bobs.
10 Inch Coil Is Super Sensitive
Yes, this larger than average coil at 10 inches is waterproof for up to 10 feet and ideal for being used in both saltwater and freshwater environments. The larger sized coil is more sensitive, making finding hidden objects more rewarding as it picks up more signals from gold, iron, aluminum, brass and silver items.
- 3 Sensitivity modes to detect down to a depth 8.7 inches underground
- 10 Inch waterproof detection coil
- Choose from 3 detection modes for filtering out junk metals
- Ideal for using in saltwater or freshwater situations
- Lightweight and comfortable to use for hours at a time
- 3.5 mm jack for headphones
- Large screen is simple to read, great for beginners
- Includes folding shovel and a portable storage bag
What Types Of Treasure Hunting Is The Sakobs Best For?
We can say use this great little unit for any type of detecting from searching for that lost wedding ring in the backyard, finding nails in floorboards to serious treasure and relic hunting at the beach, it’s that good!
Many kits include a shovel, some are of varying quality, very few fold down as this shovel does. Constructed from heavier grade materials, this shovel can do some heavy duty work. Once you’ve finished, clean it off and store away until next time.
If you are looking for an affordable gift, or buying your first detector to have a go at treasure hunting, you should definitely take a closer look at the benefits the Sakobs Pack. Being so competitive on price, it’s one of the best metal detector kits for a beginner from children to adults for hunting without a huge investment.
3). Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector Holiday Special with 5×8 DD Coil and Camo Hat
The Garrett at Pro Metal Detector Holiday Specialcomes with a 5×8 DD Coil and Camo Hat.
The AT (All Terrain) Pro Metal Detector is waterproof for up to 10 feet and is most ideal for being used in freshwater environments. Once submerged, the AT Pro automatically adjusts its ground balance setting to the water.
AT Pro Adventure Pack:
- 5 x 8 DD coil
- All terrain top of the line, Garrett metal detector is waterproof down to 10 feet or 3 meters
- Packed with exclusive new Garrett technology, The AT PRO is ideal for using in saltwater or freshwater situations
- The AT Pro Metal Detector Kit includes camo hat
What Types Of Treasure Hunting Is The AT Pro Pack Best For…
It is most commonly used for coin hunting as well as looking for jewellery, relics and general prospecting. The Garrett technology makes the AT Pro one of the top preferred choices for metal detecting veterans when competing in competitive hunts.
After researching the AT Pro, you can see why the AT Pro Adventure Pack is one of the best metal detector kit for a beginner to have, as it is inclusive of everything a beginner needs for hunting without any further investment.
4).Treasure Cove TC-3020 Professional Detector, Waterproof Coil, Scoop, Headphones High Accuracy Metal Detector Kit for Adults
Treasure Cove have been making affordable detectors that work well, bring results and are easy to operate for users with a range of detecting abilities from budding beginners to seasoned professionals.
The Treasure Cove TC-3020 is an all round seasonal favorite.
Inbuilt Pinpointer And Sensitivity Adjustment
Like any good detector, the Treasure Cove lets you set and ignore the junk ferrous metals such as copper, zinc and nickel. If you want, you can even set the detector to only detect silver if you only want to find silver.
Set The Search Modes
All-metal mode can be set so you can target anything made from metal which can often turnup some interesting finds! The built-in Target Mode works to accurately pinpoint the precise location of the object.
Treasure Cove Pack:
- 7.5 Inch waterproof search coil
- Adjustable stem length
- Accept/Reject Discrimination: to modify discrimination patterns
- Built in pinpointer
- Large clear customizable LCD screen alerts you to the composition and depth of a detected object
- Accessories include: adjustable arm cuff, carry case, sand scoop and Headphones with (1/4″) size headphone jack, instructional DVD, owners manual, digging trowel and batteries
Waterproof Search Coil
Everyone likes to search in water. We have found some great little treasures after heavy rain, so buying a detector with a waterproof coil is an asset. A waterproof coil lets you hunt in shallow or muddy water as well as in muddy conditions. The large LED screen display shows you what the object is.
The padded arm rest even has a ground rest to keep the unit from contact with the ground, a nice touch. For added user comfort there is a padded handle grip. The detector runs on AA batteries .
5). Ace 250 Treasure Hunter Metal Detector Kit by Garrett
The ACE 250 Metal Detector can turn Treasure Hunting into an awesome experience with its many features…Garrett proudly say themselves, this is the “Worlds best Metal Detector”
A 6.5” x 9” submersible search coil along with electronic pinpointing makes for an effective, durable and waterproof design for delivering results out in the field. Features from other metal detectors were added to the 250 that come from such devices as the GTAx and GTI models.
The result is one of the most rugged and aggressive designs in the metal detector world. Custom Notch Discrimination with accurate pinpointing technology further compliments the existing qualities of the Ace 250. Sensitivity and depth settings are also included.
Benefits of the Ace 250 Treasure Hunter Pack:
- Features incorporated Electronic Pinpointing which precisely target and speeds treasure recovery
- Detector can be disassembled down to 3 pieces, 24″ long, for ease of travel and storage
- Accept/Reject Discrimination: to modify discrimination patterns
- Five Search Modes: create your own, or select pre-set discrimination
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator helps to determine how far down the target is
- Choice of Interchangeable ACE series searchcoils available
- Large LCD screen with Pushbutton Controls and with One-Touch operation
- Accessories include: adjustable arm cuff and Garrett 1612500 Treasure Sound Headphones with (1/4″) size headphone jack, instructional DVD, owners manual, digging trowel and batteries
The Treasure Hunter metal detector kit from Garrett comes standard with a treasure pouch for easy storage of all findings. Digging tools are included for easy, stress-free excavation, while a training DVD helps to make sure you know what you’re doing.
Finally, an arm strap is included for added comfort and the detector runs on AA batteries with a total of 4 included within the pack.
The electric pinpointing on the Ace 250 will help you to precisely locate your targets in the quickest amount of time. Discrimination patterns can be adjusted to meet your specific needs. Batteries are monitored by the 250’s Battery Condition Indicator.
The detector’s Target ID Legend has been expanded to make for easier reading on the Ace 250’s perfectly-sized LCD. Its push-button controls allow for an easy use and employ 1-touch operation technology.
6). Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil Pro-Pointer II and Carry Bag, Coil Cover, Relic Quest Book and Clear Sound Headphones
A good beginner metal detector kit packed with the stand-out features of the Ace 400, this beauty comes with a powerful Waterproof Coil Pro-Pointer II and Carry Bag. The detector also has a greater frequency and an enhanced iron discrimination feature.
Garrett ACE 400 Adventure Pack:
- Electronic pinpointing for precise target location and treasure recovery
- Enhanced Iron Resolution TM: allows more control of iron discrimination levels; helps separate good targets from adjacent junk iron
- Powerful and advanced, the waterproof 8.5″ x 11″ DD search coil offers improved and greater detection depth and performance in mineralized grounds
- 8.5″ x 11″ DD search coil provides a bigger scanning area. Ground visibility is not obstructed by the Double D coil
- Higher Frequency Function helps you to detect low- and mid-conductivity items faster: such as jewelry, gold nuggets & relics
- 5 Search Modes: select pre-set discrimination pattern or create your own – Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Includes the newest Garrett Clear Sound, In Line Volume Control Head Phones valued at $92-plus an arm strap, owners manual, Instructional DVD, Camo pouch, carry bag, Enviro cover, coil bag, Relic Quest book and batteries
Everything You Need as A Serious Beginner Treasure Hunter…
Thrown in with the Ace 400 Adventure Pack is a pair of Garrett ClearSound Headphones with rotating ear pieces and featuring in line volume controls which normally retails at $92. A set of quality head phones designed for metal detecting allows the detection signals ring clear for the user.
2 Year Warranty
AA batteries (4) are also included and the Garret Ace 400 comes with a free 2-year warranty to cover any problems if they occur.
This metal detector can be broken down into a 24″ length to be stored away inside the included carry bag whenever it comes time to pack up and added enviro and coil covers provide further protection when your Ace 350 is not in use.
Lightweight and Comfortable To Use For Extended Periods
The Garrett Ace 400 Adventure Pack is exceptionally-priced with the inclusions and offers maximum value in its utility and performance. Lightweight and ergonomically designed for both beginners and professionals, hours of fun can be had while hunting with the Ace 400 and the rest of its kit contents!
7). RM RICOMAX Metal Detector Kit
The RM RICOMAX Kids and Adults Detector kit contains one of the best metal detectors ever designed and manufactured.
Treasure hunters have unearthed found vintage items like tax tokens from 1935, and another was able to detect a shotgun shell head from 1913. Dimes, pennies and nickels can be detected over 8” deep. Desert expeditions and beach finds are just some of the preferred locations that owners of the RM Ricomax like to go. The detection is so precise that it will even tell you the type of coin that’s detected!
RM Ricomax Treasure Hunter Kit:
- Adjustable stem from 33 inches to 40.6 inches
- Higher frequency helps you detect both the smaller gold nuggets and items as well as those large targets
- Electronic Pinpointing works to quickly and precisely locate buried targets for faster recovery
- The RM Ricomax GC-1023 works precisely to detect low- and mid-conductivity items such as jewelry, gold nuggets, all metal and relics
- Enhanced Iron ResolutionTM offers improved control of iron discrimination levels by separating good targets from close by junk iron.
- Powerful 8 inch search coil finds buried treasure at greater depths and has a bigger scanning area
- Performance is excellent in discriminating in mineralized grounds
- 4 Search Modes:choose by creating your won search to suit the ground conditions or use the pre-set discrimination function
- Accessories include: digging shovel, good sized carry bag and Owners Manual
The RM Ricomax Is Perfect For Beginners or Professional Hunters
After 15 hours with the best metal detector kit, you will quickly start to get the vibe of the RM Ricomax GC-1023. The included carry bag sits comfortably on your hip while you traverse grasslands and river bed for leftover relics.
The telescoping shovel is a great addition to the GC-1023 Package. often you’ll need to dig down to unearth the located treasure and a small shovel is an ideal accessory to keep for these times. We also recommend buying a good edge digger for those situations where fibrous roots or small pebbles / rocks need to be dug away.
For some people added targeted detection saves large amounts of time. It is recommended people buy a pin-pointer such as the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (1140900). This will also increase the shovel’s longevity because accurate location using a hand held pinpointer don’t require lots of ‘wrong location digs’.
A good Quality Metal Detector Kit Is Perfect For A Treasure Hunting Adventure
A beginner’s metal detector kit is a perfect way to dip your toes into the world treasure hunting. Garrett Metal detectors produce a wide and varied range of metal detector kit perfectly suited to the beginner as they contain all your basics you will need to start.This takes the concern of “what do I need” a way.
A good beginners metal detector kit will include your metal detector, a comprehensive “how to” DVD, a set of headphones, a bag or two to store both your metal detector, and your treasure finds, a knife and some kits will include a pinpointer. They are all very reasonably priced and do make a great present for grandparents to give their grandchildren but overall a perfect way for a beginner to start out on the treasure hunting adventure without having to buy all the extras.